trees

trees

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Growing Kids vs. Growing Plants

Well, this week has felt like four in itself.  It is amazing how when that last month hits, each day feels like a week.  This week definitely ended off with a bang in the child growing department. My youngest child found a permanent marker and proceeded to draw on the computer screen, the desk, the hallway walls, the island counters, the entertainment center and the television before  I caught him. I was not a happy Mom.  So, how does this comopare to growing plants? Plants are a LOT easier to take care of, that is for sure. They do move, but slowly, and when regularly trimmed do not get out of control. Kids grow and move a lot faster. Plants are a lot more quiet. They don't yell at you or disobey much.  I could go on....

I am definitely growing two different types of gardens these days...

I saw a commercial where the woman stated that her kids were so cute that she could eat them up, and some days she wished that she had. I feel like that sometimes too.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, jeez, Anne. I hate that period. Hope you and M (for mini monster) survived. :)

    ReplyDelete


Blooms in late May( Bugle Weed)

My Hubby's Hobby

Daylily

Daylily

Spearmint, from the ditches of Grandpa's old farm( heirloom)

Spearmint, from the ditches of Grandpa's old farm( heirloom)

Followers

Blog Archive